Somewhere between a popover and a muffin, these puffs rise like magic in the oven. The airy texture and sweet taste make them a perfect breakfast treat.
Mary Lindeblad’s Dutch Babies
4 teaspoons butter
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
non-stick oil spray
1. Set oven to 475 degrees.
2. Put one teaspoon of a butter in 4 separate 1 1/2 X 3 1/2 INCH ramekins or 1 tablespoon of butter in an oven proof 8-INCH skillet into the oven to melt.
3. Place eggs, milk, flour and salt in a blender and blend thoroughly.
4. Carefully remove ramekins or skillet from the oven and spray non-stick oil around the sides.
5. Pour mixture into ramekins or skillet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until nicely puffed and browned.
6. Remove from the oven. The puff will begin to deflate
7. Drizzle a little fresh lemon juice and a dusting of powdered sugar onto each puff. Serve immediately with sliced fresh fruit.